The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. As far as on our website’s personal data (for example name, address or E-Mail addresses) is concerned, this takes place, as far as possible, always on voluntary basis. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
When you purchase products from us, your payment details are processed by a third-party payment processor who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. Your card information is not held by us.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored in order to process the request and in case of follow-up questions. We will not share this information without your consent.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but you can usually alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, it may result in a loss of certain functionalities when using our website, however you will still be able to make purchases via our website. You can also clear cookies saved on your computer at any time.
List of the cookies that we collect:
- items in your shopping cart
- an encrypted list of items on your wish list
- anonymous user statistics for Google Analytics to allow us to understand interactions with our website and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you
- search terms entered into our search bar
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties, nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We may pass your information to our third-party service providers or subcontractors for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf . However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and to ensure that they comply with all the requirements of the Data Protection laws.
When you purchase products from us, your payment details are processed by a third-party payment processor who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we send your data
Some of the software tools we use have data centres or staff outside of the European Union. Where this is the case, we have chosen to work with companies who have demonstrated that they operate in ways that comply with EU law. For example, the US based companies whose software we use, have all signed up to the US-EU Privacy Shield. If you are not happy for us to share your data with those partners, please do not use our services.
https://jaggedsquares.com, JAGGED SQUARES – Praterstrasse 21 , 1020 Vienna, Austria, email@example.com
How we protect your data
This website uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of sensitive content, such as the requests you send to us as the website operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from “http: //” to “https: //” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us can not be read by third parties.